Looking for a better way to energise your body in the mornings? Try these delicious pumpkin waffles, perfect for cold fall mornings! Topped with pumpkin seeds, and packed with whole grains these waffles will keep you full all morning! If you are trying to incorporate more whole grains and veggies into your diet, these waffles are so delicious, it’s a great way to start!
Prep Time: 5 mins
1 cup Whole Wheat Flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
½ tsp salt
1 cup milk of choice (dairy, almond, etc)
1 Tbsp coconut oil
2/3 cup canned pumpkin puree
1 egg, beaten
4 Tbsp Maple Syrup, divided
4 oz cream cheese
Pumpkin Seeds, raw, for topping
1. In large bowl, combine dry ingredients. Mix well until well blended.
2. In a microwaveable dish heat butter and oil until steaming
3. Add egg, pumpkin, 2 Tbsp of the syrup and warm milk mixture to dry ingredients. Stir well.
4. Add to preheated, greased waffle maker and cook until golden brown.
5. Meanwhile mix remaining 2 Tbsp syrup with cream cheese in a small bowl until creamy. Use with pumpkin seeds as a topping for warm waffles