A simple ratatouille: Looking for a delicious way to use up the rest if your summer produce? This recipe features eggplant, zucchini and bell peppers sliced thin and layered on top of a rich tomato sauce. This sweet and simple ratatouille is a great slow-roasting meal, perfect to warm up your house in this changing fall weather!
Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 50 mins Total: 1 hour Serves: 2
1 6oz can of tomato paste
3 or 4 sprigs fresh thyme
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 tsp sea salt
1 small eggplant, sliced thin
1 zucchini, sliced thin
1 red bell pepper, sliced
1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
3/4 cup vegetable stock
1 cup full fat ricotta cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 F
2. In a casserole dish add the tomato paste, stir in the garlic, salt, and thyme.
3. Layer the sliced vegetables, alternating them into the dish until all vegetables have been used.
4. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 40 minutes.
5. Remove from oven, add a layer of ricotta cheese and return to the oven for 10 more minutes, uncovered.
6. Serve warm. If you have leftovers, this blends up well for a great homemade pasta sauce!