Out the box variation of sweet potato pancakes, ideal for the winter season.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
½ medium sized sweet potato, cooked*
½ cup 100% whole wheat pancake mix (Kodiak Cakes Brand for extra protein)
½ cup water
All natural Maple Syrup for drizzling on top
2 Tbsp salted pistachios, chopped
1. In a food processor or blender, add you egg and blend on high for 30 seconds.
2. Add the sweet potato and blend for 1 minute.
3. Add the pancake mix and water and blend until it reaches the consistency of batter, adding more water if necessary.
4. Add batter to greased, preheated griddle and cook both sides for approximately 2 minutes or until golden brown.
5. Top with persimmon, pistachios, and a light drizzle of maple syrup!
*if you don’t have a baked sweet potato on hand, simply poke holes in the skin of a sweet potato with a fork and microwave for 7 minutes.