This sesame chicken salad is a perfect lean meal to lose fat and build muscle.
Total Time: 35 minutes
1 bunch of asparagus, chopped into 1 inch pieces
½ yellow onion, sliced thin
1-2 red or orange bell peppers
2 large chicken breasts, cooked
1 Tbsp toasted sesame seeds
1 clove of garlic, crushed
¼ cup avocado oil
¼ cup apple cider vinegar
3 Tbsp low sodium soy sauce
1 Tbsp dark sesame oil
3 Tbsp Honey
2 tsp dried ginger (or 1 tsp grated fresh ginger)
¼ cup peanut butter
1 tsp salt
Freshly ground pepper to taste
1. Whisk dressing ingredients together in a large bowl.
2. Meanwhile steam the asparagus and onion slices until barely tender.
3. Remove from heat and run under cold water as they will continue to cook if left alone.
4. Chop the peppers and chicken breast into small, bite sized pieces. Add them to the dressing with the sesame seeds and mix until coated.
5. Once the asparagus and onion have cooled completely, add to the bowl and mix.
6. Serve at room temperature or chill until served. This recipe can be made a few hours ahead so the dressing has time to soak in, but not longer than a day ahead.