The no-nonsense guide to developing a successful freelance writing career that will allow you to travel — or live — anywhere in the world.
You’ve dreamed of spending a few months in Greece to see amazing architecture and relax on world-famous beaches… or maybe Paris or Rio are calling you. It sounds like a fantasy you could only unlock by winning the lottery, but the truth is that it’s never been easier to access to travel to incredible places and make enough money to keep going.
Backpack, Pen and Passport breaks down the basics of how you can start freelance writing to go anywhere you want — and it’s written by someone who’s actually done it, who knows the process, and who has worked with dozens of successful freelancers.
This book details:
- 10 niches in freelance writing that draw on your current skills
- The pros, cons, and profitability of each type of writing and how it will fit for you
- Tips on how certain types of freelancing match up with different parts of the world
- How to develop a portfolio for each type of writing
- How to land your first freelance writing gig
- What you need to consider to sustain a freelance writing career abroad
Freelance writing to support travel isn’t easy and it doesn’t happen overnight. But by understanding the marketplace, knowing how you fit into it, and having a solid plan to develop your career as a freelance writer (and avoiding a few common mistakes along the way!), you can fund a life anywhere. By the end of Backpack, Pen and Passport you’ll know what you want to do and how to get started — you’ll just need to figure out where to go.