Omega-Rich Salmon Recipe
This nutritious and delicious salmon recipe is packed with whole grains, vitamin C and Omega-3 fatty acids and can be added to any weeknight meal in as little as twenty minutes.
Prep Time: 20mins
1 tbsp. + 1 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
2 skinned salmon fillets, 6 oz. each
½ grapefruit, peeled and sectioned
1 orange, peeled and sectioned
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. pepper
1 cup spinach leaves
2 cups wild rice, cooked
1. In a large skillet over medium heat, drizzle 1 tbsp. olive oil to coat skillet’s surface.
2. Add salmon fillets to skillet, season with salt and pepper, and cook for 5-7 minutes on each side, or until cooked through.
3. In two serving bowls, pour equal amounts of wild rice, top with salmon fillets and set aside.
4. In skillet, add remaining tsp. of olive oil and sauté spinach until wilted, about 1 or 2 minutes. Add grapefruit and orange segments to wilted spinach and toss to combine and warm through, about 1-2 minutes.
5. Top salmon fillets with wilted spinach and warmed citrus segments. Serve warm.