A delicious seasonal special this fall: the Nutty Apple Rice Dish.
Total Prep Time: 40 minutes
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 cups chicken stock
- ½ cup red quinoa
- ½ cup celery, chopped
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- 1 large fuji apple, chopped
- ½ cup almonds, chopped fine
- Celery leaves, optional garnish
1. Heat a medium sized saucepan over medium heat.
2. Add brown rice and olive oil, cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly until rice begins to become translucent.
3. Add chicken stock and bring to a boil. Once boiling, cover with a tight fitting lid and reduce heat to sustain a simmer for 30 minutes.
4. Add the quinoa, celery, and onion then simmer for another 15-20 minutes with the lid on.
5. Remove from heat and stir in the apple slices, almonds, celery leaves.
6. Serve warm or refrigerate and serve cold. This dish is delicious served alongside pork chops.