Total Prep Time: 35 minutes
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 Buttercup squash, chopped into cubes
- 1-2 Tbsp extra virgin Olive Oil
- 1 15oz can of hominy, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup red quinoa, cooked
- 2 Tbsp parsley
- ¼ cup chopped red bell pepper
- ½ tsp cumin
- Salt to taste
- Extra olive oil for dressing if desired
1. Preheat the oven to 375 Degrees F.
2. Toss the garlic, cubed squash, and olive oil in a small bowl until coated.
3. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 30-35 minutes or until squash has begun to caramelise and is soft in the middle.
4. While cooking, combine the hominy, quinoa, parsley, pepper, cumin and salt in a separate bowl.
5. Once squash has finished cooking, add to the hominy mixture. Toss to coat and dress with extra oil if the mixture looks dry. Taste test for extra salt and serve.