A healthier take on oatmeal cookies, this carrot cake cookies recipe provides a portable snack including a serving of vegetables along with raisins and applesauce for sweetness. These nutritious cookies provide a healthier option for picnicking with a sweet tooth!
Serves: 6 large cookies
Total Time: 10 min active, 50 min inactive
½ cup whole wheat flour
½ cup rolled oats
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 egg, whipped
1/2 cup carrots
¼ cup applesauce
1-2 tbsp pure maple syrup depending on your taste preferences
2 tbsp Raisins
1. Preheat oven to 325 Degrees F and line a cookie sheet with non-stick spray.
2. In a medium sized bowl, combine dry ingredients. Mix to combine.
3. Add the vanilla, whipped egg, carrots, applesauce, and syrup. Stir until fully incorporated and batter is thick.
4. Add raisins and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
5. Once batter has chilled and is more workable, shape into 6 large cookies and place on the prepared baking sheet.
6. Bake for 20 minutes. Let cool completely before eating. Store in an airtight container for 3-5 days.