Delicious butternut leek soup, ideal for winter.
Total Time: 1 hr
1 butternut squash
3 leeks, sliced thin (use white and light green parts only)
2 garlic cloves, crushed
4 Tbsp Butter
4 Cups Chicken Stock
Optional Garnishes: Bacon bits, scallion and heavy cream
1. Preheat the oven to 375 Degrees F.
2. Slice the squash in half and turn upside down on a greased baking sheet, bake for 45 minutes or until flesh is tender.
3. In a large stockpot, sauté the leek and garlic in the butter until soft.
4. Add the cooked squash, chicken stock, and puree with an immersion blender.
5. Garnish as desired and enjoy!