A delicious healthy recipe fit for any occasion. Easy to make! Try this broiled cod with leeks, oranges, and smoked citrus sauce.
Total Prep Time: 20 minutes
1 bulb fennel, sliced thin
1 cara cara orange, sliced thin
2 cloves garlic
2 tbsp olive oil
1 lb of fresh, wild caught cod
1 lemon, juiced (reserve the zest)
1/4 cup olive oil mayo
1-2 fennel fronds chopped fine (extra for garnish)
1 tsp smoked paprika
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Arrange olive oil, fennel, oranges, and fish on a baking sheet.
2. Drizzle with extra olive oil and lemon juice.
3. Bake at 450 degrees F for 10 minutes, switch to a broil for 2-5 minutes, or until oranges are caramelized.
4. Meanwhile mix the smoked citrus sauce by combining mayo, lemon zest, fennel fronds and paprika.
5. Once fish is done, top with sauce and garnish with extra paprika and fronds.