A homemade pizza alternative, perfect as a snack, appetiser or as a breakfast pizza.
Serves: 4 small pizzas
Prep Time: 40 minutes active, 1 h inactive if using homemade dough
½ Tbsp dry yeast
¾ cup warm water
½ Tbsp honey
1 cup whole wheat flour
¾ cup bread flour
½ tsp salt
1 Tbsp olive oil
4 oz cream cheese
8-12 spears of asparagus
1 cup cauliflower florets
4 eggs (or 1 per pizza)
Salt and pepper
Red pepper flakes to taste
Fresh parsley as a garnish
1. If you choose to make your own dough (I highly recommend it, its delicious!) start by mixing the yeast and honey into the warm water.
2. Let sit for 5 minutes while you add other ingredients to a separate large bowl.
3. Mix in the liquid forming a soft dough. Knead with hands for 5 minutes or until dough is smooth and elastic.
4. Return to a clean, lightly greased bowl and allow to raise for 1 hour in a warm place.
5. Meanwhile preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
6. Once dough has doubled in size, separate into 3-4 balls and roll out into pizza crust.
7. Top with cream cheese and veggies, bake for 10 minutes. While crust is baking, place the eggs in a bowl of hot water to take the chill off (this helps them cook more evenly when you bake them).
8. Remove the crusts from the oven and crack one egg on each pizza adding a shake of salt and pepper to each egg. Raise oven temperature to broil at 500.
9. Return the egg-topped pizzas to the oven and bake until eggs set (about 2 minutes). Garnish with red pepper flakes and fresh parsley. Enjoy warm.