Total Time: 30 Minutes
4 fish fillets (any variety works, pollock, cod, tilapia)\
1 cup cultured buttermilk
1 Tbsp fresh oregano, chopped fine
1 cup Italian panko breadcrumbs
¼ cup parmesan cheese, finely grated
1 Tbsp olive oil
2 garlic cloves
1 red bell pepper
½ yellow onion
2/3 cup of water
3 tbsp tomato paste
2-3 tbsp raw almonds
½ tbsp apple cider vinegar
Salt to taste
Fresh parsley to garnish
1. Preheat oven to 450 Degrees F. Grease a baking sheet and set aside. Assemble breading station by placing buttermilk and oregano in one shallow dish, and breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese in another.
2. Prepare fish by dipping both sides in the milk mixture and the breadcrumbs then placing on the baking sheet.
3. Bake for 7-10 minutes or until fish is flaky and the outside is crisp and golden brown.
4. Meanwhile, in a skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the peppers, onion, and garlic and sauté until tender.
5. Once cooked through, place in a food processor or blender along with the water, tomato paste, almonds, and vinegar. Puree until smooth, add salt to taste.
6. Serve fish on top of sauce and garnish with fresh parsley leaves.