This beet green salad is tossed together with the cooked beet greens, garlic, and a little cider vinegar in place of a dressing and you don’t miss it at all! Its best served fresh and can be adjusted by using whichever salad vegetables you have on hand.
Total Prep Time: 25 minutes
3 stalks of beet plant, chopped
1 clove of garlic
2 tsp olive oil
Leaves of 3 beet plants, sliced thin
Salt to taste
2 cups romaine lettuce
¼ cup sunflower seeds, or pine-nuts
½ cup sliced radishes
½ cup chopped bell pepper
2 tsp apple cider vinegar
1. Sauté the beet stalk with the garlic in the olive oil until tender.
2. Add the beet greens and season with a little salt.
3. Cook lightly stirring occasionally so the leaves soften at the same rate.
4. Mix all other ingredients into a bowl, and spoon the warm beet leaves in when ready.
5. Toss to coat and serve immediately.