This allergy friendly peach and apple bake is vegan, dairy and gluten free.
Total Prep Time: 1 hour
- 2 peaches
- 2 granny smith apples
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp tapioca flour
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 ½ cup oats, divided
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 can of coconut milk, divided
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 Degrees F.
2. Slice the peaches and apples into very fine strips (about a cm thick). Place in a 9×13 baking dish with the cinnamon, tapioca flour, and maple syrup.
3. Toss the fruit to coat and place in the oven while you prepare the topping.
4. In a food processor, blend 1 cup of oats into flour.
5. In a small bowl add ½ cup the oats, the oat flour, baking powder and brown sugar.
6. Open the can of coconut milk and drain the liquids from the solids. Place the liquid into the flour mixture and refrigerate the solid coconut cream for later.
7. Add vanilla to the mixture and stir the batter until well incorporated.
8. Remove the dish the oven (the fruit should have slightly softened) and pour the batter over the baked fruit.
9. Return to the oven and bake for 50 minutes or until golden brown.
10. Once ready to serve, remove the coconut cream from the fridge and briefly whip with egg beaters to make a soft topping. Dish over the warm fruit and serve immediately.